Brave Dog Survives 5 Gunshots Defending His Home Against A Burglar


Brave Dog Survives 5 Gunshots Defending His Home Against A Burglar


Brave Dog Survives 5 Gunshots Defending His Home Against A Burglar
I can’t even begin to fathom how or why someone could shoot an innocent dog in the head, but as many of these tragic stories go, there is often no logical explanation. What we do know, is that 5 year old Anubis is one strong pup. The 150 pound Rhodesian Ridgeback was shot in the head after a
burglary in his home in St. Petersburg, Florida.
When his owner, Chris Watson, 39, returned home to find his whole house destroyed, he called for Anubis, and got no response. “I tried calling out for Anubis, but he didn’t answer, so I called police, and the K9 unit went in for me because I was too shaken up.”
Spokeswoman from BluePearl emergency veterinary clinic told ABC News that there were at least 5 bullets found at the scene, so it’s evident that the burglar was intentionally aiming for the dog.
Despite the trauma, Watson told reporters Anubis has been the highlight of the clinic, and admits he’s handling the whole situation better than Watson himself.
Watson says, “Anubis is my son,” he said. “I can have my items stolen or my house damaged, and all that is replaceable. But Anubis? He’s family.” 

CULLED FROM  BARKPOST

No comments:

Post a Comment